Scope of Policy
OvaScience is Not a Health Care Provider
OvaScience is not a health care provider, but a life sciences company committed to developing new treatments for women facing fertility challenges and assisting them with their pursuit of advanced IVF treatment options. We cannot guarantee that individuals will qualify for advanced IVF treatment or that any such treatment will be successful. We also cannot provide medical advice or opinions regarding patient care. Any information that we provide is for general, informational purposes only and is not a substitute for advice from your physician or other qualified health care providers.
Information We Collect
- Patient Engagement, Assistance and Related Services You may provide personal information directly to our Patient Engagement Team or other Company professionals via phone, email and/or our website. This information will be used to provide you with information and services, and may be shared with potential third-party treatment providers subject to your consent.
- Contact Us If you communicate with us through the “Contact Us” link on our website, we will use the information you provide to send you requested information.
- News, Updates and Publications You may subscribe to receive news and other information from us. We use the information you provide to send you requested information. In addition, we may communicate with you regarding other topics that we believe may be of interest to you. Users who register to receive such information will automatically be added to our marketing email lists and may opt out at any time.
- Blogs and Personal Stories You are able to submit personal stories and comments through our websites that may be posted and shared on Company websites and blogs. The decision to share personal information and stories is yours, but we hope to hear from you. If you choose to provide such information, however, you are authorizing us to publish or otherwise publicly share such information without the receipt of payment or consideration. We cannot make any promises or guarantees that any such information provided will, in fact, be posted or publicly shared.
- Careers Job candidates may submit a resume and other information to apply for a position at OvaScience, which will be used in connection with the job inquiry.
We may also collect, retain and use certain information when you visit our websites or use our services, including, but not limited to, how many users visit our sites, pages accessed, geographic location and other statistics. We collect such information to gain a better understanding of our user population and to help improve our sites and user experience. We collect this information through various means, including “cookies”, “web beacons” and other analytics tools summarized below. We do not obtain personally-identifiable information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
- Web Beacons Our websites may also use “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs) that collect information such as advertising metrics, page views, Internet domain, IP addresses and browser type.
- Analytics Our sites may also use analytic tools and services, like Google Analytics, to create statistical reports and aggregate other information regarding users. Google Analytics collects information like how often users visit, what pages they visit and user IP addresses. You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to our website by disabling cookies on your browser. For additional information on Google and its privacy practices, you may go to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
How We May Use, Share and Transfer Your Information
We may use your personal information for a variety of business purposes as generally described in this Policy or as otherwise described at the point of collection, including the following:
- To Provide You Information or Services We use the information you provide us to respond to your requests and provide you with information or services that you have requested from us.
- For Our Operations We may also use your personal information in connection with our general business operations.
We may also share or disclose your personal information when you authorize access to your information or permit us to share your information with third parties. OvaScience will not share or disclose your personally identifiable information to any third parties unless you have authorized us to do so or we are otherwise obligated or permitted to do so under applicable law. Some examples of how we may share your information are as follows:
- We may disclose personally identifiable information, including sensitive healthcare information, to healthcare providers in the course of assisting patients with their pursuit of advanced IVF treatment.
- If we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, including in response to a request from law enforcement or government authorities.
- To protect our legal rights or the personal safety of any person.
We also reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our business assets.
Consent to Data Processing and Transfer of Personal Information Outside Home Country
In some countries, the privacy and data protection laws may be less stringent and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those in the country in which you live. For further certainty, your consent to transfer of information as described herein shall be deemed to include your consent to the transfer of any applicable personal data, including sensitive and personally identifiable information, to a jurisdiction which may provide a different level of privacy protection than that available in your home country. As a result, you should be mindful of any personal or sensitive information that you may choose to provide or share.
Protecting Your Information
OvaScience is committed to protecting the information you provide to us. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to help protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration or destruction of information under our control. Unfortunately, no security system or transmission of information over the Internet or otherwise can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access and/or disclosure of your personal information will not occur. As a result, you should be mindful of any personal or sensitive information that you may choose to provide or share.
Links to Other Sites and Information Collected by Third Parties
California’s “Shine the Light” Law
Information Regarding Minors
This website is not intended for use by individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and we do not knowingly collect information from such individuals. If you are under the age of 18, please discontinue the use of our site. If we become aware that we have received any information from someone under the age of 18, we will delete that information from our records.
Retention of Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide you with services or requested information. However, we reserve the right to retain and use your information for a longer period as may be permissible or required under applicable law, including to comply with our legal obligations.
Your Choices: Accessing, Correcting, “Opting-Out” and Deleting Your Information
We will take reasonable steps to accurately record the personal information that you provide to us, including any updates. We encourage you to review and update any personal information that you may have provided to ensure its accuracy. You may request confirmation of your personal information that may be in our possession, make modifications, or request that we delete certain personal information about you that is inaccurate or that you believe may infringe any applicable legal requirements by contacting as described in the “How to Contact Us” section further below. To help protect your privacy, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your information. Please note, however, that your right to review, update, correct and/or delete your information is subject to (and may be limited by) applicable law and record retention requirements.
You may also “opt-out” of marketing and/or other information services and rescind prior consents and authorizations. To “opt out” or unsubscribe from marketing or promotional communications, please follow the unsubscribe instructions included in the specific communication. In addition, if you wish to rescind an authorization or consent previously granted for a specific purpose concerning your personal information, please send an email to Compliance@ovascience.com. Please understand, however, that any requested revocation or rescission will necessarily be forward looking in nature and will not otherwise affect the validity of the consent for any uses and/or disclosures of your personal information prior to the revocation.
- Email: Compliance@OvaScience.com
- Mail: OvaScience, Inc., Attn: Corporate Counsel, 9 Fourth Avenue, Waltham, MA 02451
Effective Date: March 1, 2017.